The Bel-Air Copeland Lions Sports Club Scholarship program was established in 2010. Two $1,000 scholarships are awarded annually to current and former players of the club who are pursuing post-secondary education. Participation in a post-secondary football program is not a pre-requisite. The selection criteria shall include academic achievement, years of Bel-Air football experience and contribution to the football club or the community.
Applications are to be submitted by October 30th 2018 and must include the following:
- A cover letter summarizing the applicant’s years of participation with the Bel-Air Lions or Bel-Air Norsemen football and their volunteer involvement with the football teams or the community;
- A transcript of the applicant’s most recent academic grades at either high school or a post-secondary institution;
- Two letters of reference from individuals such as a teacher, coach or supervisor who can outline the applicant’s volunteer experience with the Bel-Air Football Club or the community. The letters should also demonstrate their character and personal qualities that are consistent with the Bel-Air organization’s values such as respect, honesty and integrity.
An independent committee, as chosen by the Club executive, will make the selections. The scholarship monies will be forwarded directly to the recipient’s post-secondary institution to be used for tuition fees. Applicants are only eligible for one Bel-Air scholarship.
The continuance of the program will be dependent upon the financial security of the Bel-Air football organization and subject to review and/or cancellation at any time.
Applications should be forwarded electronically or in hard copy to:
The decision to grant a scholarship is based on the following criteria:
- Contribution to Bel-Air Football or the Community: This is based on information contained in your cover letter and the 2 letters of recommendation from someone who can articulate the extent and level of your involvement .
- Academic Achievement. This is based on your most current academic transcript.
Successful applicants will be notified by the Bel-Air President and identified at the year end banquets.